Saturday, May 31, 2008

Inspiration from a Kleenex box

Today you are going to learn something new about me. I can be like Martha Stewart sometimes in the way I like things to match. I had horrible allergies this spring and was using tissues all day long. I needed a box to have in the car. I was shopping at Wal-Mart and had to pick a decorative Kleenex box to match my car. My car is dark gray with a medium gray interior. This box looks amazing in my car. I was on my way to my mother's last night I glanced over looking at the box on the seat. I thought to myself what a great color combination for a card - gray, denim, light & dark blue, turquoise, and pale yellow. My mind started working.

I was lucky enough to get my hands on Fiskars new Threading Water punch. I used that on the edge of this card and layered a narrow piece of pale yellow cardstock behind it. The leaves were done with my Sizzix. I cut out the leaves from dark cardstock first for the background shadow and then cut them on light blue and used the diecut to layer over the background. The patterned denim paper (Hot Off The Press) I've had for like 5-6 years and never used. It finally came in handy! The flowers are from Prima and Bazzill with a button in the center from Doodlebug. The cardstock is from my favorite company, Stampin' Up! Their cardstock is by far, the best I've ever used.

I hope your weekend was fun and you had time to create.

Take care and God bless!

Tiffany




1 comment:

Laura said...

You have a creative eye, what a gift! Very pretty card!